Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! It is because of our volunteers, folks just like you who donate their talents and time, that Helping Education is able to achieve our mission of supporting educators, families, and community organizations and improving learning outcomes for students of all ages.
We offer community service opportunities no matter where you live; there are many ways for you to support our organization and mission.
If you are in Charlotte-Mecklenburg, Chatham County, Durham, Greensboro, or Raleigh, NC, we are looking for committed volunteers to become tutors and support a child through our HELPS One-on-One program. Other volunteer opportunities (regardless of your location) include assistance with communication and outreach, video and material development, language translation, fundraising, serving on the governing board or a committee, and more. We welcome the opportunity to work with volunteers from across NC, the U.S., and the world!
To become a volunteer, please complete our volunteer registration form so we can learn more about your experience, interests and preferred volunteer activities. This information will help us to match you with the opportunity that you will find most fulfilling.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg residents who want to learn more about HELPS tutoring or sign up to become a tutor can visit our HELPS tutoring in Charlotte-Mecklenburg page.
Helping Education is partnering with the YMCA and Wake County Public Schools to provide high dosage tutoring to students throughout the community. If you would like to volunteer, please fill out this volunteeer form.
If you would like to find out about group volunteering opportunities, please contact Dr. Amy Mattingly at email@example.com.
Partner with Us
Our work would not be possible without the generous contributions and support of our corporate and community partners.
One of the goals of Helping Education is to offer programs and services to schools, families, and community organizations serving students from birth through adulthood. We can do this because of the financial contributions of our incredible corporate partners.
We offer a variety of corporate partnership & sponsorship opportunities.
Interested in becoming a corporate partner or want to learn more? Contact Jennie Copeland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helping Education’s mission is to connect research with practice and engage teachers, parents/caregivers, and volunteers to improve student learning. In order to achieve this mission, we seek to create authentic collaborations with community partners such as:
- schools or after-school programs that provide the sites/locations where our programs or services can be delivered
- colleges, businesses, faith-based organizations, individuals, etc. to assist us with recruiting volunteers who could be trained to provide one of our programs (e.g., HELPS)
Interested in becoming a community partner or want to learn more? Contact Jennie Copeland at email@example.com.
Financial contributions of any size greatly support our mission to bring effective, research-validated programs and materials to teachers, students, parents, and community organizations in order to improve student learning from birth through adulthood. And these resources are needed now more than ever.
Your tax-deductible donation will allow us to:
- provide our evidence-based programs and services to learners of all ages.
- offer our evidence-based programs in ways that will not only reduce the learning loss that students have otherwise experienced as a result of COVID-19, but also improve these students’ skills in ways that will enhance their long-term academic and career opportunities.
- donate materials to schools and families; offer professional development to educators locally, nationally, and internationally; and continue to develop new educational programs resources.
Helping Education is an incorporated 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, and all contributions are tax-deductible. Our Tax ID is 45-2046989.
Even modest, one-time donations help us to fulfill our mission.